• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A Bit of a Risk?? (1 Viewer)

peter mathios

This painting is of a pair of Sandhill Cranes is almost finished and I was wondering if anybody would care to offer a critique. This is a bit of a risk on a public forum but could also be educational. I should preface by saying that the image looks a bit dark on my computer moniter but may look different on yours... Also, I may not have uploaded the image correctly. We'll see.

Peter Mathos
www.mathiosstudios.net

Attachments

• Sandhill Cranes2.JPG
    Sandhill Cranes2.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 204
Cool! I like the Cranes offset like they are. I wish the image size was larger so I could see more detail. I use a low resolution to 1024x768. But I understand there are limitations to file size on this forum, but maybe link to photobucket or something. This could just be the image size so Im not sure and this is a bit picky, but on the back cranes leggs it seem as if the one that is farthest from the viewer is actually crossing the front legg, is this intended? It looks a bit awkward. Seems that leg should be behind the front leg. Of course I am but a student myself, so my critique is not much.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
I like the composition and the feel of movement on this one. One thing to consider before signing it is to make sure the bird in the background looks like it is further away than the front one, this is something you do very well in your other pics but here it looks like they are at the same distance. Of course, this may be an illusion created by looking at the pic on the internet.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back