• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yorkshire Birding (11 Viewers)

Anyone got any gen on the wryneck at Filey today?
Do they tend to hang around or will it be a one day record?
Can't get away till Wednesday so hoping it will stay till then.

Keith apparently its on the south side of Carr Naze. Not sure it will stick but sure there will be others by weds. 3 min at Spurn today by the sounds.

Thinking of taking a trip to see the Slav Grebe if it is still at Doncaster Lakeside tomorrow ..

Does anyone know where I park as I have never been before ?

Thanks chaps ..

Grebe still present today at 4:00. We parked on the road (parking bays marked) outside the new flats - if coming from the M18, you would drive past them on the other side of the road and go right around the next roundabout to get to them. The parking bays by the officies just after the shopping centre are often full. Walked to the obvious wooden bridge. Grebe showed very well on one side (towards officies) and then went around to the opposite side

Grebe still present today at 4:00. We parked on the road (parking bays marked) outside the new flats - if coming from the M18, you would drive past them on the other side of the road and go right around the next roundabout to get to them. The parking bays by the officies just after the shopping centre are often full. Walked to the obvious wooden bridge. Grebe showed very well on one side (towards officies) and then went around to the opposite side

The Slav is at Lakeside this morning near the shingle beach (Vue Cinema end of the lake).

How does tomorow look regards sea-watching? I know forecast is peeing down with NE 15-20mph winds? Would like to see Lt Skua.

To me it looks ok but unsure whether to have tomorrow off or Friday( may be a few more grounded migrants by then?).

I know its hit & miss but any thoughts would be appreciated.

wolfbirder, there was 1 Lt Skua at Spurn on Saturday http://tinyurl.com/36t5qm6 (try not to read Monday's entry). Don't know what's been happening off Flamborough. Not seen any recent reports from Norfolk but everyone there has other things on their minds.

Having seen the local forecast I'd opt for Friday, but that's mainly cos it's gonna pee down all day tomorrow

wolfbirder, there was 1 Lt Skua at Spurn on Saturday http://tinyurl.com/36t5qm6 (try not to read Monday's entry). Don't know what's been happening off Flamborough. Not seen any recent reports from Norfolk but everyone there has other things on their minds.

Having seen the local forecast I'd opt for Friday, but that's mainly cos it's gonna pee down all day tomorrow

Appreciate your thoughts mate, think I will do and see if this front brings anything else in.

Just back from the Wilder Flycatcher dip. I did find a Spot. Fly. in the plantation - didn't really compensate!

Thanks to Daz and Dave for the constant updates throughout the day - salvaged a Red-necked Phal., 2 Grey Phal's. and a Barred Warbler from the day.:-C

This year is going the same way as 2008. All I need now is the House Crow to go before I fly, and someone to find a long-staying rare falcon, and me not see it, and it's a mirror image!

Flamborough

pic of yesterdays Great Grey Shrike, on old fall hedge
Birds27thSep001.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back