• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron Adventurer WP 15-45X60 (1 Viewer)

cheshirebirder

I came across this scope yesterday while looking for a cheap scope for foreign trips.Seemed quite good and cheap (<£100) .However I can't find any reference to it anywhere ! Not on Opticron site and I've no matches anywhere when I Google it,apart from the dealer where I saw it (Focalpoint)! Anyone shed any light on this ,please ?

As Chris notes, this new scope kit is not waterproof but is sold under the Adventurer brand by Opticron.

It arrived in stock only a few weeks ago. Basic spec is 15-45x, 60mm objective, 34~17m FOV, 24~17mm eye relief, 5.5 metre min. focus, ~900g weight, table top tripod and carry case included, integrated OG cover, 327mm long.

Pic is here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/opticron/5096412941/

SRP is £109.

Cheers, Pete

Thanks for the info. I thought it was pretty good given the price and is worth considering for foreign trips if you don't want to risk taking top of the range optics with you.I've looked at scopes that are marketed as "travel scopes" and wasn't too impressed given they aren't that cheap!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back