• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help Price Binoculars: Fallacy & Fact (1 Viewer)

Hi Bill,

Congratulations on the book - it looks like a fair chunk of work!

The book and cover totaled 32mg according to MICROSOFT’S Outlook. But, I got a message from MICROSOFT’S Outlook saying I could send nothing larger than 35mg and although I was under by 3mg, MICROSOFT’s Outlook now said my files were actually 44mg. That’s a big jump considering nothing had been done to either file.

I think the overpaid computer geeks need a couple of courses in remedial arithmetic—you know: where you take the little number from the big number and see what’s left.

If you're interested ... due to the underlying workings of e-mail, files are re-encoded (translated, if you will) from their native representation to text using a mechanism known as "MIME encoding" (this is for cross-compatibility between e-mail systems). As with translating English to German, there's a tendency for the encoded/translated version to be a bit longer - it generally increases the size by 1/8th or more. And yes, the errors, etc, for this could be clearer ...

No idea if that helps...

P.S. Was your signature quote the Fred Thompson who played DA Arthur Branch in Law & Order? I liked him in that. :)

Hi Bill,

Congratulations on the book - it looks like a fair chunk of work!

If you're interested ... due to the underlying workings of e-mail, files are re-encoded (translated, if you will) from their native representation to text using a mechanism known as "MIME encoding" (this is for cross-compatibility between e-mail systems). As with translating English to German, there's a tendency for the encoded/translated version to be a bit longer - it generally increases the size by 1/8th or more. And yes, the errors, etc, for this could be clearer ...

No idea if that helps...

P.S. Was your signature quote the Fred Thompson who played DA Arthur Branch in Law & Order? I liked him in that. :)

Thanks for the congrats ... and welcome. You may ALSO remember Fred from The Hunt for Red October. :cat:

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back