• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

GS52 and 40872 HDF Eyepiece (1 Viewer)

TwoDogs

I have an Opticron GS52 and mostly use it with an HDF zoom. I also have an eyepiece with the code 40872 that I previously used on an MM2. I cant remember what magnification it gave on this but would like to know what magnification is obtained when used on an GS52.

Can anyone help here?
Thanks
Twodogs

TwoDogs,

the Opticron Product code is 40862 and not 40872.

The magnification is 12-36 x mag

Hope this helps.

Hi Chris
Thanks for the reply. The eyepiece in question is a fixed EP. I'm pretty sure the code is 40872. Googling "Opticron 40872" shows Warehouse express carrying it and shows it as a 25x / 33x but does not specify the model of scope this magnification is achieved on.

Cant find it at all on the Opticron website

Patrick

Hi Chris
Thanks for the reply. The eyepiece in question is a fixed EP. I'm pretty sure the code is 40872. Googling "Opticron 40872" shows Warehouse express carrying it and shows it as a 25x / 33x but does not specify the model of scope this magnification is achieved on.

Cant find it at all on the Opticron website

Patrick

Sorry Patrick, I skim read your post and seen HDF zoom and 40872 and thought it was a typo

According to the Opticron Discontinued Models price list the 40872 was a fixed eyepiece which when used with the Imagic range of scopes was a 20x WW mag in the Imagic 65 and a 25x WW on the Imagic 80.

The closest magnification to that deleted eyepiece in the current range of Opticron eyepieces is likely to be the 40810 HDF which would give a mag of 13x on the GS 52 ED

If it fits in your scope, try putting it on and see how much it magnifies compared to the different settings on your zoom

Niels

Hi Niels
I've not done a direct comparison in the way you suggest but I think I will. I have been using it on the GS52 but tend to go out with either the zoom on or the 40872 depending on what I am doing. For instance if I go birdwating in woodland I will use the latter and the zoom for estuary or open areas. What I have noticed is that the 40872 magnifies more than the lowest setting of the zoom.

Patrick

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back