• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Wallpaper Noise (1 Viewer)

brunovo

Can anyone have a clue, why this is hapenning? The picture in photoshop is much clean (on noise) than when I put it on my wallpaper. But pictures that are older dont have this issue. I recently moved from Photoshop 4 to 5. Also the pc has changed, but videocard and the screens are the same.
Is this the reason?
Thank you in advance.

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/7923/0ihv.jpg

Last edited:
Completely guessing here: I think that the best situation will be when you have an image made into the right size before making it a wallpaper, in my case 1152x864 pixels. If the image has to be resampled to fit your screen, then unpredictable things might happen.

Niels

I think Niels might be on to something. What is the size (in pixels) of the exported image? How did you determine the quality to export at (for jpg)? Maybe your default settings for Photoshop 4 haven't come along for Photoshop 5, or maybe there has been a change in interpretation of `quality'.

So I'd suggest looking at a `new' and an old photo used for this purpose, and comparing both, their size in pixels and their size in MB.

Andrea

thats it

The size of the image was to large for the monitor. So I reduced it to 1280pxls and when i set it to wallpaper is just fine... wouldnt guess that on my on so soon.
Thanks
B Novo

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back