• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

first brambling (1 Viewer)

The first two in Leics/Rutland were at Rutland Water today too. had a few each day at Gibraltar point last week.

Steve

Saw my first of the winter at Spurn on Saturday.....though i got slightly side tracked from the stunning male Brambling by an in comparison ever so drab Barred Warbler!!! Good bird nevertheless, and i'd take Barred Warbler every time! Good to hear they're in the area Terry, maybe you could send one the 5 miles from yours in to my garden?!?!

Dan

dwayne950 said:
Saw my first of the winter at Spurn on Saturday.....though i got slightly side tracked from the stunning male Brambling by an in comparison ever so drab Barred Warbler!!! Good bird nevertheless, and i'd take Barred Warbler every time! Good to hear they're in the area Terry, maybe you could send one the 5 miles from yours in to my garden?!?!

Dan
Maybe it could get it to stop off here on the way (Endon) seen redwings & fieldfares up to yet never seen a Brambling or Barred Warbler, there seems to be a lot of staffordshire birder's on this web site ? do any of you meet up at all.

Good numbers passing through last week so should be plenty to go round!

On a visible migration watch on Saturday morning I had 1,200 over in just over 2 hours. Flocks of up to 100 at a time. All heading southwest. (Site to the west of Sheffield on the moorland fringe).

Matthew

terryeyre said:
seen my first brambling of the season today in my garden with some chaffinches.
I joined the club two weeks ago single bird on the garden feeders after a period of three years, thought they had forgotten the way up North. Also starting to get Siskin on a more regular basis too. :t:

DenBee :bounce:

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back