• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tokina ATX AF 400 SD f5.6 On Nikon D50 (1 Viewer)

karpman

Sorry to bother you,

I may be about to purchase such a lens and was wondering if theres any reason why it would not work on Nikon D50 meter and autofocus.
The net is giving up little information other than it works on a nikon d70 and d80

thanks in advance

karpman

if its the one on ebay I just posted it on your other thread, does your D50 have a built in AF motor? If so all lenses should be okay, have a look at the spec of you body or ask that question
Cheers
Luke

Hi mate, yeah has built in af motor sure of that one!
just read some place can't find it now some tokina lenses don't work on d50 gave no reason why lol

karpman

Struggling to find any information on this at all.
I have been in touch with Tokina and they simply said it may work it may not but they can make it work for 140 euros.

I have a bid on this lens prob not enough to win it or one hopes, Seems like 50/50 and still trying to find a d50 owner who has used one lol.

cheers
karpman

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back