• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vixen Atrek 10x50 DCF, any experience with them? (1 Viewer)

kkokkolis

Περίεργο&#
Is anybody familiar with the Vixen Atrek 10x50 DCF?*

I bought three binoculars lately, the Pentax Papilio 6,5x21, Zeiss Terra ED 8X42 and Canon 18x50 IS. After them my cheepo Bresser 10x50 porros don't satisfy me that much (reasonable, bought for 20€ from Lidl stores). I use them for quick looks from my balcony and my kids use them also, my daughter had them for a couple of weeks recently on camping. So, for that use I wouldn't spend much since the aforementioned three are the ones to take with me. But there is a classified for the Vixens at 100€. They surely will be having a better quality as anything from Vixen and they are waterproof (I'll keep them permanently in a balcony closet, not that anything happened to the porros I kept there foe years).
The price is good. But they are made in China and not Japan. Also they might not be phase corrected, otherwise I guess they would declare that.
Fellow astronomers know many Vixen pairs but not these. And there are no reviews in the net.
Has anybody experience with them?
Thank you.

No one knows it in Cloudy Nights also. It might be better to avoid it, however cheap it my be.
The Foresta and Ultima series are known and respected on the other hand.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back