Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - A window to the world of birds

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Old Thursday 28th April 2016, 10:07   #1
andyF

iPhone 5S & Kowa 883

Anybody used the Kowa iPhone attachment to add an iPhone 5S to a Kowa 883 for digiscoping? What kind of results can I expect?
Old Thursday 28th April 2016, 12:47   #2
FrankD

Andy,

If nobody answers you here then let me know. I started a group for phonescoping on Facebook back in 2014 and there are several folks that phonescope with the Kowa and Iphones. I can't specifically say the 5S version but I know they use Iphones.

I used the 5S for about a year and a half with my Opticron scopes and I was very satisfied with many of the images that I was able to take with it.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAf...1LMvsLF0DExoog
Old Thursday 28th April 2016, 13:59   #3
andyF

Thanks for getting back. I think for the price I'll just go ahead and give it a go. Just waiting for the scope to arrive...
Old Saturday 11th June 2016, 01:26   #4
huntsbirds
M Hunt

I used the Kowa adapter with an iPhone 4S with decent results. The main benefit I found was the ease and speed of use. It's much lighter to carry around and the workmanship from Kowa on the adapter is excellent, and of course it fits very well on the 'scope.

I've since changed my phone to a Nexus 5X and I bought the Kowa adapter for the Samsung S5, which I then "modded", i.e., hacked parts of it off, to fit the 5X. It works really well, again I don't have to carry another device and I can easily slip it onto the 'scope when needed. I've also used it with my Zeiss bins for some decent record shots.
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: