• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The old chestnut again - Raw or jpeg. (1 Viewer)

An additional reason for shooting RAW is that you may learn some processing technique later that will need RAW files.

As an example, single file HDR processing is best with RAW files. I have some landscape images from Tierra del Fuego I wish I had shot in RAW because I would like to process them to bring out the dynamic range. That was seven years ago.

Hi guys!

Can i just say cheers!:t:
This thread has helped me a bunch i have been snapping for 2 -3 weeks now started off with Jpeg then onto raw could not phathom that went back to Jpeg.

To cut a long story i have gone back to raw after this thread started and gained some information through it, I have found raw to be much more forgiving to me and getting better results already.
I made 1 good shot or good for me out of 57 today, And the end result pleasing to me despite shooting at 1600 iso without knowing "slaps self"

So cheers

Karpman

Edit: I use photo elements 6

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back