• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My Feeders (1 Viewer)

CBSlayer2004

Here are the feeders I own: tube feeder, mini-lamp post feeder, dog waterer-bird feeder, milk carton feeder, milk jug feeder, and suet feeder. All except the suet have Sunflower and wild bird seed mix. They seem to attact Tufted Titmice and Chipping Sparrows. The suet feeder attracts Carolina Chickadees and Carolina Wrens. The Blue Jays seem to avoid them, making me wonder why. But a Northern Cardinal just showed up.

Last edited:
CBSlayer2004 said:
Here are the feeders I own: tube feeder, mini-lamp post feeder, dog waterer-bird feeder, milk carton feeder, milk jug feeder, and suet feeder. All except the suet have Sunflower and wild bird seed mix. They seem to attact Tufted Titmice and Sparrows. The Blue Jays seem to avoid them, making me wonder why.
Might be a bit harder for the Blue Jays to get a purchase on the feeders you have. I will tell you that the Blue Jays eat the Black Oiled Sunflower Seeds or BOSS that I have in my feeders and they positively love peanuts as do the woodpeckers.

Maybe you should try a platform or tray feeder. I bet you could get some Blue Jay then. Try that with some of the seeds that KC wa telling you. Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back