• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Benro GH2 gimbal and canon 500mm f4 (1 Viewer)

LensNV

Hi, I just need some quick advice if possible. I'm currently using a manfrotto 393 gimbal head but I'd like to change to a Benro GH2 gimbal which seem to get good reviews and are cheaper than a Wimberley.

Would someone mind confirming that this is suitable for my 500mm?

Thanks

Sorry I have not tried the Benro, so I can't comment. I use the Wimberley 2 and it is the best I have tried (so far) by a significant margin.

I bought Jobu HD2 over Benro GH2 when Jobu had discount for HD2 version whilst Wimberley is too expensive.

In near future I may be opt for RRS BH-55 + wimberley sidekick setup.

I would have reservations about Benro products in a false economy move I bought a top of their range carbon fibre (Gitzo copy) tripod. It did have a centre column which I now try to avoid, after some weeks of use I noticed a rocking movement between the head and legs, this proved to be caused by the thread onto which the head is screwd coming loose from the carbon tube on complaining to China I was sent a replacement eventually but I still found a slight flexing movement at the point of the previous failure, so we parted company I dug deep and bought a Gitzo.
I use a Jobo Black Widow pro it was when I bought it about £100 cheaper than a Wimberly and just as good.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back