• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anyone from near callander? (1 Viewer)

lee girdlestone

Hi

I will be staying in Callander (near Stirling) early in December and was wondering if there are any Birdforum members who live in that area who may be able to divulge some info on where to see/what to see so as to maximise the birdwatching in the short daylight hours that we have in winter.

I know that the national park is on the doorstep but it looks immense and i could wonder around all day and not see much just by visiting the wrong areas.
All help great or small is definately appreciated.

Regards

Lee

Yo Lee,

Can I recomend the Red Kite feeding station at Argaty, its awesome, link:-

http://www.argatyredkites.co.uk/home1.html

and your not far from Glen Artney just to the north, Kites, Golden Eagle (possible) Black Grouse and many others, wonderful area with some great walks.

Then of course Loch Leven not that far away and where else can you see vast numbers of geese and wildfowl whilst in the comfort of a nice wam cafe with panaromic windows if weathers iffy!

No doubt the local guys will be along shortly to give you more info.

Wonderful area, explore it you'll be pleasantly suprised.

Stewart

Hi Stewart

Thanks i will give the kites a try while there and wait to see if
any of the local guys or gals come up with anything closer otherwise i will try your other locations

Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back