• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

'Scoping with the E-3? (1 Viewer)

Stanhope

I am really new to all this digiscoping and having seen some of the results on BF I am pretty sure this is the way I would like to go. Only thing is I know nothing of the camera adapters etc. that will be suitable for an Olympus E-3, or if in fact the E-3 is a suitable camera that is able to be used or not. If there is anybody out there who can give me a hand with this I would be pretty darn grateful. Thanks guys.:-C

The Oly E-3 weighs close to 1000 grams with lens. You do not want to do that. Read the several posts and see images from the Lumix FH1 in several posts, including the reply to Scud 24. Gene

Thank you

Thanks for that - I was hoping to use the E-3 but looks like I need to downgrade quite a bit? I'm well aware of what it weighs - I have it coupled to a Bigma lens. Try totin' that round for a day....
I'm doing a fair bit o research on it at the moment - it isn't all that hard, it's just knowing where to start. Thanks again Smithhill

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back