• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Manfrotto 055XDB leg clamps (1 Viewer)

carpintero

This tripod uses twist on levers for the leg clamps. Being spatial relations challenged, I opened one up so far that the spring loaded assembly flew apart. Once I tracked down the parts I discovered I couldn't re-assemble it. The hex head bolt is counter-sunk and the little spring is too strong for my arthiritic hands. I can't get the bolt head lined up with the counter-sunk hole so I can depress the spring far enough to thread on the lever. Clear as the waters of the muddy Mississippi?? Does anyone have a tip on re-assembly??

Thanks, HK

The spring does not go on the threaded shaft, it goes into a pocket on the lower end of the clamping collar. There should be no problem threading the locking lever components together. You may need to squeeze the spring together with pliers to get it back in place. If you can't get the spring back in place I wouldn't be too concerned. The springs are missing from all the lower leg locks on one of my tripods, and it works fine.

Mike

Attachments

• Manfrotto Locking Lever.jpg
    Manfrotto Locking Lever.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 90
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back