• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sony NEX-VG20 vs Panasonic HC-X920 vs Canon HF G30 (1 Viewer)

Tim Taylor

work in progress
Hi all.

Any opinions on which of these three camcorders would best suit needs? The Sony is in the lineup because with a converter it will take my lenses (I have Canon up to 600mm). The others are there because they appear on paper to be good in low light and have a reasonable reach. My cameras have video functionality but I'd like to use something aimed primarily at shooting video. I usually photograph birds and other wildlife and so focal length and low light performance are important. However, I'll probably use the camera a fair amount to capture the antics of our new puppy so ease of use and manoeuverability will be important.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks

Tim :t:

Hi, Just wondering how you liked your choice? It's not been the best of weather for trying new toys! Did you feel limited by the zoom compared to the 20x of the Canon?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back