• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Got sketches? (2 Viewers)

Thanks Everyone, mike your looking great!;)
Id love to see everyone have a bash at a self portrait, come on guys!o:)
Heres the 'new' one for thoses who never saw it in the gallery..

Attachments

• Scan1.jpg
    Scan1.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 93
Just a piece of consept art, showing The Sun, the stars, the 'arm' of the Milky Way and a Swift. Painted with acrylics.

Attachments

• Scan2.jpg
    Scan2.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 112
It's lovely Sam and I like the link with the swift and the cosmos (in by-gone days, folk used to think that swifts flew to the moon at nightime to roost). Super colours and a very nice bird. Great stuff.

Thanks Tim, i never knew that piece of folklaw, thanks for informing me of it:t:
Steve, thanks for you kind words, you should pick up a pencil and just go for it! Just draw what in your head, dont be scared, thats what i did with this painting.o:)
Thanks to both of you! :t::t::t:

Superb, I've spent a good part of the evening on a balcony in a high rise apartment with friends, explaining why the wonderful birds around them weren't swallows, and how amazing swifts are (if I could be reincarnated, that's what I'd be) - this piece communicates all of that. Great stuff. Has a sort of tribal symbolism to it.

Superb, I've spent a good part of the evening on a balcony in a high rise apartment with friends, explaining why the wonderful birds around them weren't swallows, and how amazing swifts are (if I could be reincarnated, that's what I'd be) - this piece communicates all of that. Great stuff. Has a sort of tribal symbolism to it.

Thanks Nick, id would be a Swift to if i could be reincarnated!
I just think these birds are the best ones out there (next to hummers of course;)) and we are so lucky that they come here to breed in the Northern Hemisphere and i miss them terribly in the winter months.
Theres nothing out there that lifts my heart more than a group of screaming Swifts tearing up the sky on a beautiful summers evening.
Im just mesmerized by them!

Woodpecker completed yesterday, i cant take full credit for this one though as it was taken from one of Terryeyre's photographs |=)|

Attachments

• GSW.jpg
    GSW.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 106
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back