• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Stills from the Sony HDR SR8 (100gigs) (1 Viewer)

Neil

I took the Sony with us to South Africa last year , mainly for my wife to use while I used my Nikons. She kept forgetting to switch it on as she was too distracted with the animals and birds around us.
We had an occasion when we were tracking leopards around dusk and I was shooting them with the Nikon D3. I kept ramping up the iso until at 6400 I switched to the Sony's Still Mode. The leopard image was taken by the light from the spotting light held by the tracker on the front of the landrover. It's one of my best images from the trip.
With the Sony you can take 3 frames while videoing , or switch to Still Mode and Save them to the Memory Stick. The files are 6.1 megs which is ok for record shots.
Neil.

Attachments

• leonard dark sony email DSC00228.jpg
    leonard dark sony email DSC00228.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 121
  • elephant and baby sony email DSC00122.jpg
    elephant and baby sony email DSC00122.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 94
  • rhino and baby sony email DSC00111.jpg
    rhino and baby sony email DSC00111.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 91
  • rhino plus baby sony email DSC00190.jpg
    rhino plus baby sony email DSC00190.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 118
  • buffalo sony email DSC00165.jpg
    buffalo sony email DSC00165.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 105
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back