• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

PSE 9 problems (1 Viewer)

Vectis Birder

Itchy feet
I am using Photoshop Elements 9 which I have had since Christmas. It's been ok up until the past week when, on the two occasions I've used it, it's done some strange things.
Firstly, if I attempt to zoom in or out on the image, it jumps. e.g. instead of zooming from 50% up to 100%, it will jump to something stupid like 3200%. If I attempt to crop a picture, I can make the selection ok but as soon as I try to make the crop, either by clicking on the green tick or by double clicking on the picture itself, the selection area jumps across the canvas, meaning that I have got to try and do it again. If I persist with editing, the problem gets worse and I have to close the program down and restart it.
I blamed my mouse at first, but there appears to be nothing wrong with it.

Also, today I opened some photos in Canon's DPP and they looked fine, nice and sharp. I did my usual saving, nothing different, but when I opened them in PSE 9, they looked much softer. It's the first time this has happened.

What's going on? Any ideas or, better, fixes will be appreciated.

I would try erasing the programme off your PC and then reload it. A long shot, but that sort of thing has worked for me in the past with these type of things.
Is it possible to send it back and get an exchange?
Best of luck. Mike.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back