• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Canon SX50 for videoing. (1 Viewer)

senatore

Has anyone got the Canon SX50 and use it for taking videos.

I've seen some great videos using this camera on U-tube and would like some advice on settings etc.

Hope you can help.

Max

Has anyone got the Canon SX50 and use it for taking videos.

I've seen some great videos using this camera on U-tube and would like some advice on settings etc.

Hope you can help.

Max

Max,
I've have the SX40 and lost my SX50 and they are both good for video.
Unless light is bad you should switch the ND filters on to make it easier to control exposure when you have sun and light/white subjects ( eg egrets)
When you switch to Video Mode you should activate the exposure button (not the +/- button). For video at 30p your Shutter Speed should be 1/60th second. I find that the Canon's need a minus exposure when you have white in the frame - up to 3 clicks of underexposure. Do some tests in your garden.
The IS is very good so you can hand hold quite well but I normally use a tripod and switch it off.
Post some videos when you have some.
Neil.
ps built-in teleconverters and not bad for video , especially the 1.5x

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back