• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sony SEL 55-210 or HX60 (1 Viewer)

DRodrigues

I was considering which would be the better solution for my video needs:
For high magnification video and photo I use an astro apo telescope with my NEX5 (some examples at fotos at www.pt-ducks.com), but on fast moving ducks I miss the auto-focus. I was weighting which would be the best alternative but meanwhile I noticed that the a6000 has a 4x digital zoom on video mode so the 55-210 seems the best solution since I will replace my NEX5 by the a6000. Has anyone the other preference/experience?
Don't really know if the video quality of the 20-30x zoom compact is similar to the one of my NEX5...

I will start a new thread dilemma but must add that I find the digital zoom not useful over 2x...
The 55-210mm lens doesn't get much use, video included... I tough it might get use for BIFs not far but rarely had good results - I also didn't insisted much...

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back