• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Olympus TG-4 for Digiscoping (1 Viewer)

ecoguy

Bob
Has anyone tried the Olympus TG-4 with a Novagrade 40.5mm Adapter?

I have an 82mm Nikon Field Scope ED with a 30x Digiscoping eyepiece and I'm on my third camera. I started with a Coolpix P5100, then onto a Coolpix P300 and I am currently using a Nikon 1 V3. Every time I have to replace the camera I have to buy a new adapter and with each generation of new Nikon camera/adapter combination the results get worse. The Nikon point-and-shoot cameras in my opinion worked better over the heavier mirrorless camera because of the zoom capability and less shake.

Well anyway, I just bought an Olympus TG-4 and was considering using that with the stock eyepiece that came with my spotting scope because looking through a digiscoping eyepiece is not easy on the eye. If I do that it will free up my N1 V3 for a 70-300mm zoom.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back