• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

60x zoom camera's auto focus does not work well recording videos. (1 Viewer)

u9jzp6

I am trying to use a Nikon Coolpix B700 for video but the autofocus does not work well while recording videos. If I stop recording and press the shutter half way, the autofocus for still pictures works fine. It's only when making videos that there is a big problem with auto focus.

The reference manual suggests using single focus mode (which sets the focus at the start of the video and you push < to refocus), or using manual focus for video.

I am wondering if this is a problem for most cameras in this class ie. 60x zoom, or is the B700 below par in this area?

(I have the canon SX710 HS which has 30x zoom and the autofocus works fine taking videos.)

Also, any advice on how to focus the B700 while making videos would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back