• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Id The Thief (1 Viewer)

Last edited:
This has appeared as a tweet from several people that I follow and I have retweeted all of those. This video is very clear and on full screen it is superb quality. Someone must know this guy or will see him using his ill gotten gains.

Oh, OK, now you're on. There's another thread on this started by someone else. While I acknowledge this might be an effective way of getting the guy, I'm just wondering if this is really appropriate... just my opinion.

EDIT: the other thread: http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=271594

Not sure why its not 100% appropriate Raphael, i'm sure this guy would have no qualms about pinching yours or my hard earned , precious optics etc if he had the chance and thought he could get away with it. If I mentioned what i'd like to see happen to him it would start some unnecessary moral debate on here so i'll keep that to myself.

Not sure why its not 100% appropriate Raphael, i'm sure this guy would have no qualms about pinching yours or my hard earned , precious optics etc if he had the chance and thought he could get away with it. If I mentioned what i'd like to see happen to him it would start some unnecessary moral debate on here so i'll keep that to myself.

I know. The thing is that what you put in the internet basically stays here forever. The guy is stealing a pair of bins. Highly reprovable, absolutely agree. However, even after he's caught, and after he eventually gets sentenced and after he eventually redeems himself, this will stay here... That's what I wanted to say above. Maybe my comment is not appropriate either, sorry.

Surely that is a good thing if it stays here, perhaps a deterrent in some shape or form. Mind you people like him don't give a shit anyway. I hope it isn't someone on here, that would be a bit embarrassing.

I know. The thing is that what you put in the internet basically stays here forever. The guy is stealing a pair of bins. Highly reprovable, absolutely agree. However, even after he's caught, and after he eventually gets sentenced and after he eventually redeems himself, this will stay here... That's what I wanted to say above. Maybe my comment is not appropriate either, sorry.

Rafael, no need to apologise. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and who is to say who is right or wrong. If caught ( i'll be amazed if he is not ), I doubt he will get a draconian sentence so maybe a criminal digital footprint can be his punishment ( though if he is a serial thief I doubt that would worry him either, occupational hazard ). There is always a victim, (maybe someone with a Saturday job in the store who gets laid off because losing 1k worth of stock makes the profit margins to tight to retain them), with things like this so I have no compassion whatsoever for this guy unless some health issue has suddenly turned him into a kleptomaniac.
Hope things are good for you in Falmouth Rafael, regards Perry.

A quote from another page

"Lancashire Police need to identify this man (in the light grey hat) in relation to the theft of a £1600 Swarovski binocular yesterday from our display at a wetland centre in Lancashire. Please share this - especially with anyone you know in the North West of England. Do you know who he is? PM us or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111. We really appreciate your help - we feel sure we can bring the culprit to justice. Just click the photos to enlarge."

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back