• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rafael Nascimento's Art (1 Viewer)

RSN

Rafael S. Nascimento
Brazil
Hello,

I have been drawing and painting wildlife and prehistoric subjects since I remember, and in the last years I had done some works for professional projects. I work mostly with watercolors.

Here are some examples:

Scarlet Macaw (Ara macao)/Red-and-green Macaw (Ara chloropterus), Monk Parakeet (Myiopsitta monachus)/Turquoise-fronted Amazon (Amazona aestiva) and Maroon-bellied Parakeet (Pyrrhura frontalis)/Hyacinth Macaw (Anodorhynchus hyacinthinus), done (not to scale) on 21x29,7 cm sized-paper for scientific articles; and Great Argus (Argusianus argus) and Lesser Rhea (Rhea pennata), from a set of twelve 29,7x42 cm sized paintings for an expo about the ways the birds helped to shape our knowledge about evolution (more about it here), first featured on the "XXI Congresso Brasileiro de Ornitologia" in Rio de Janeiro, and soon to be open for visitation in Museu Câmara Cascudo of Rio Grande do Norte Federal University.

I also have a DeviantArt account, with more of my work:
http://rsnascimento.deviantart.com

Hope you like it!

Attachments

• aramacao_arachloropterus.jpg
    aramacao_arachloropterus.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 99
  • myiopsittamonachus_amazonaaestiva.jpg
    myiopsittamonachus_amazonaaestiva.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 97
  • pyrrhurafrontalis_anodorhynchushyacinthinus.jpg
    pyrrhurafrontalis_anodorhynchushyacinthinus.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 115
  • argusianusargus.jpg
    argusianusargus.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 92
  • rheapennata.jpg
    rheapennata.jpg
    376.1 KB · Views: 113
These are very nice. I really like the last with the chicks.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back