• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help with this West African Snake ID Please (1 Viewer)

Bob Webzell

Hi, I have been recommended to come to you all to seek advice on this snake ID. I was in The Gambia West Africa mid November 2017, standing among mangrove roots and photographing a juvenile Cuckoo when this olive snake slid past me, grabbed a Mudskipper from the creek and proceeded to swallow it beside me. Abut a meter in length and thumb thickness. The two images show the same snake. Described locally as an Olive Sand Snake and the best suggestion I have to date is a West African Striped-bellied Sand Snake but the head markings are not convincing me. I would appreciate your advice please

Bob

Attachments

• 081217_443.jpg
    081217_443.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 081217_460.jpg
    081217_460.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 46
Hi Bob

I've moved your post to the Reptile forum, as they're better placed to help you in there.

I also subscribed you to the thread so that you will be advised of any replies and will be able to find it easily.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back