• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

HMW Handbook of the Mammals of the World (3 Viewers)

Why should they put colugos or sloths in a volume about insectivores? That makes no sense as these are pure plant eaters.

Where would you put them then?

Instead of all this pointless speculation, maybe it's time to write to the publishers and air your views.

A

Where would you put them then?

Instead of all this pointless speculation, maybe it's time to write to the publishers and air your views.

A

I've already asked Lynx Edicions in which volume they will cover Colugos and Sloths but there was no answer so far.

Received my copy of volume 7 this morning. Another excellent production by Lynx, and swift delivery to Australia.
The cardboard packaging is very clever .

Last edited:
Has anyone that DIDN'T order direct from Lynx, got theirs yet?

Australia getting theirs before the UK is unexpected, I think I'll go direct next time, I got the last Vol, 3 months late from my usual supplier.

A

Last edited:
Has anyone that DIDN'T order direct from Lynx, got theirs yet?

Australia getting theirs before the UK is unexpected, I think I'll go direct next time, I got the last Vol, 3 months late from my usual supplier.

A

My German intermediate dealer (Christ Media Natur in Frankfurt) has ordered the book directly at Lynx Edicions. So I have got my copy on 23 Dezember 2017.

My German intermediate dealer (Christ Media Natur in Frankfurt) has ordered the book directly at Lynx Edicions. So I have got my copy on 23 Dezember 2017.

Hmmm, this is interesting.

I sent a mail last night to my supplier to ask what is happening. I suspect he's getting many such e-mails but he called me at 0900hrs today and told me that Lynx have experienced 'issues' with binding with many books are being returned. He said that Lynx were currently unboxing each volume to do a quality check, this should be done at the printer before they get boxed surely?

Anyone else heard this or had a sub-standard book delivered?

A

I've had mine from NHBS for about a month - would have had before Christmas, but there was a mix up with delivery address.

I'm starting to think I'm being spun a line?

I wonder if my supplier has some kind of spat with Lynx?

I'm not desperate for it, it's not like I'm going on holiday next weeek and waiting for an indespensible field guide but it is odd that they have such issues and if they did have a spat with Lynx, I'd rather know. I'll remain loyal to my supplier anyway as they've been good to me over the years but it does make me wonder what's happening and if I'm getting the real story.

I was told today that NHBS are having problems with the stock they've had (binding issues) and that they currently don't have any either?

A

Last edited:
I

I'm starting to think I'm being spun a line?

I wonder if my supplier has some kind of spat with Lynx?

I'm not desperate for it, it's not like I'm going on holiday next weeek and waiting for an indespensible field guide but it is odd that they have such issues and if they did have a spat with Lynx, I'd rather know. I'll remain loyal to my supplier anyway as they've been good to me over the years but it does make me wonder what's happening and if I'm getting the real story.

I was told today that NHBS are having problems with the stock they've had (binding issues) and that they currently don't have any either?

A

Was binding ever an issue with HBW? I did not subscribe so I do not know. Your supplier told you this reason for a delay with an earlier volume as I recall

Was binding ever an issue with HBW? I did not subscribe so I do not know. Your supplier told you this reason for a delay with an earlier volume as I recall

Honestly Kevin, I can't remember the reason for the last delay but it was a long one! I think I remember being told that a delivery arrived and that they were all 'damaged' and had to be sent back.

My supplier did tell me that trade dealers are being supplied last, those who ordered direct from Lynx, get theirs first.

Has anyone had to send one back with a faulty binding?

In regard to NHBS and that they had none for the same reason, that's not what it says on their website, 'in stock' it says having previously noted a 1-2 week period for despatch.

It will be here when it gets here I suppose!

A

Last edited:
Lynx website advises that volume 8 will be published in June 2018. A list of the families covered is shown on the website, all orders other than bats that have not already been covered will be included. A special chapter on Conservation priorities for several orders will be included.
And Melanie will be pleased to know that it is now titled Insectivores sloths and colugos

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back