• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Binoculars for Novices (1 Viewer)

oops sorry.... still £25/$50 can buy a nice used binocular... if you know where and what to look for.
you guys can get stuff way cheaper than us in the UK! nikon action 7x35's are £50/$100 here

regards mark

Actually, 50 GBP is < 80 USD

Yeah, my rule of thumb was from several months ago. With the way currency values have been fluctuating recently, it may be something else again tomorrow. I just checked a financial website and 50 pounds = $77.50 at their latest quote.

Best,
Jim

Last edited:
In addition to the exchange rate (that is favoring the dollar a bit more) the UK (well, the EU now) pays VAT on the purchase (17%?) plus a general difference in the price anchors in the UK and Europe so £==$ is still a useful rough approximation.

Most annoying for some (like me) who hanker after a particular Chinese OEMed bin that are only sold as Opticron in £ which look rather expensive when viewed in $.

I have used both Eagles Optics and Optics Planet. If one has an issue, Eagle Optics is much better to deal with. I highly recommend them.

I can also guarantee the return thing works at Eagle Optics. One time I ordered three in succession, and finally returned all three. Full refund.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back