• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help needed in France please (1 Viewer)

arabesque

Hi there

Found a fledgeling this morning on the side of the road, I have also just found his nest on the road too.

He is still very downy with a few quills starting on his wings, I should think he is either a sparrow or a robin.

I would like to give him back to his Mum but am not sure how long I can leave him unattended beside his home tree. and how long do you think it would take for his Mum to find him.

We have been feeding him bran mixed with water and he is very easy to feed I am wondering what else to give him if his Mum does not find him.

Any help would be appreciated.

Merci

Thank you for that - I have just been down to take another look at the nest on the side of the road, when I picked it up I found a dead nestling under it, the little thing obviously did not survive the fall.

I have put baby bird down by the barn where I found him under his home tree, however I am worried about my barn cats, so I am really not sure what to do - How long can I leave him there before he gets hungry again, and will the parent birds still be around - I found him at about 11 this morning CET and it is now 4 CET

I'm charging up my camera batteries so I can post a photo of him.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back