• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kite?, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (1 Viewer)

BirdingRob

Brit abroad
I am semi -confident these are a type of black kite (despite their superficial resemblance to a female marsh harriers when perched). I saw them two days ago on the outskirts of the city. Are they black eared kite? I have little experience with black kite never mind eastern sub species.

If they are black eared kite I need to look closer at a roost 10 k away where there have been "black kite" all winter.

Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

The picture shows bird (c) perched. In the second photo bird (c) is later perched with a second bird (d). In the third picture bird (d) is caught taking off. The final bird (e) is a different one in the same area

Rob www.birdingforalark.blogspot.com

Attachments

• birdpreyc12.jpg
    birdpreyc12.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 92
  • birdpreycd2.jpg
    birdpreycd2.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 77
  • birdpreyd5.jpg
    birdpreyd5.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 90
  • birdpreye.jpg
    birdpreye.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 88
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back