• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Raptors (1 Viewer)

lmans66

Out Birding....
Supporter
United States
I was driving to teach a class in a nearby town today and passed a set of 3 trees lined on the side of the road. As I approached the trees I saw all of these large blobs in the trees. Within those 3-4 trees were 10 raptors of various types. One was an adult Bald Eagle, it appeared a few more might be juveniles Eagles, a few Red-tailed Hawks and others hawks that I couldn't really see. But wow, 10 Raptors all sitting within such a short clump of trees of each others.

Never seen that!

wow! ten raptors of various types you would have to be very lucky in the UK to see that.......most i have seen is an osprey sat on a dead branch with a common Buzzard on the right of it sat on another branch.o:D

That sounds really cool... I've never seen more than one or two raptors in one tree.

Other people have though, I was pretty amazed by this pic. Lots of Red Kites! |=)|

Great find, would definitely make one's day. I get excited when I see a raptor in a tree instead of on a pole!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back