• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden (Yard) List 2012 (2 Viewers)

Will have to check when I get home on my list to see if I have already had it but I think:

44 - Greylag Goose

2 over south this morning

and there was me thinking that it was an outside Loo!

There's a lot to be said for having an outside loo. Sadly this one was not in my garden.

Attachments

• toilet_tales.jpg
    toilet_tales.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Azure_Tit,_belarus_1.jpg
    Azure_Tit,_belarus_1.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 37
  • Azure_Tit_belarus_1.jpg
    Azure_Tit_belarus_1.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 45
A sleepless night with stomach cramps saw me off sick from work today. Thus in typical perverse style I was out the front at dawn watching and listening for migrants.

My head was spinning from fatigue so I didn't last long but I was duly rewarded with a Brown Cuckoo Dove whizzing by heading west, its long tail a distinctive diagnostic giveaway.

A bit of a surprise and a sign that there may be fruiting trees nearby. I'll be keeping an eye out for other fruit doves on my days off. I retired to bed now that the cramps were subsiding and slept fitfully till the early afternoon.

70) Brown Cuckoo Dove.

Goldfinch (56) today plus 8 buzzards and 3 kite on a thermal lunchtime.

Saw the Ring billed gull in Cardigan 3:30ish down to 20 foot.

Hoping I'd see it past house on way out to sea to roost but didn't get it.

Snow in retreat, patches of grass opening up, so arrived the first birds of spring - a steady trickle of Skylarks tootling over, plus three Lapwings plodding around a pool of water sitting atop ice. Horrible weather - cold and damp - so not much trampsing around - but six species of woodpecker today, including a female White-backed Woodpecker at the feeders (first female this year), a pair of Lesser Spotted Woodpeckers in display and the long-staying Three-toed Woodpecker still loyal to his favoured little patch.

More engaging however, a Great Grey Shrike hunting at the feeders, lurking at the forest edge then swooping around after the tits flocking in. Two Willow Tits still with the masses, the Coal Tit too.

27. Skylark.
28. Lapwing.

Another week and stuff will be pouring in, so I predict.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back