• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird name search (1 Viewer)

rqf63

Bird puzzler
I didn't know if any of you might enjoy a bird name search I made for some family members last Christmas. It started out as one of those 'find all the bird names in these sentences thing' but developed more into a full story with more than 300 bird names included. My family thought I went way overboard on this project, so I keep hoping to find someone twisted enough to enjoy it. :)

http://home.messiah.edu/~rfelix/bsearch.html

rqf63

Hi rqf63 and Welcome to Birdforum, on behalf of Admin and the other Staff here!

Looks like quite a read ahead of me; can't remember a new Member introducing himself in this way before ;)

Cheers,

Andy.

Thanks for the welcome

Thanks for the warm welcome I'm getting here on Birdforum. :)

As for my puzzle, I'm eager to see how you manage.

I do have a Latin list of hints (genus) for when you need it.

Bob (rqf63)

are there latin names in the text? i've found about 150 so far and counting, everytime i read it i find a couple more!

The only Latin names in the text, that I'm counting, are ones that are (or have become) common names for birds.
I was referring to my page of hints being in all Latin, since it's just a list of the genus names of the birds represented.

Good hunting. :)

Bob

Now I know you were serious about doing this instead of your homework, jacana!

If any of you hunters want me to verify your counts, even before you are finished, feel free to send your lists my way ([email protected]).

I'm so glad some of you out there are enjoying this. :) I'm enjoying finding out about the unintentional birds that appear in the puzzle.

Jacana, from the list you sent me, you have 249 from my intended list plus 2 birds not on my list. :) Like it says, getting the last 50 or so is the difficult part.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back