• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zagato Ultravid (1 Viewer)

Troubador

Staff member
Supporter
A new special edition from Leica.

Certainly eye-catching.

What do you think Hermann??

Lee

Attachments

• Leica Ultravid 8x32 'Edition Zagato'_2.JPG
    Leica Ultravid 8x32 'Edition Zagato'_2.JPG
    304 KB · Views: 216
A new special edition from Leica.

Certainly eye-catching.

What do you think Hermann??

Lee

Very show off. It's really difficult to improve an Ultravid's design.

I was thinking about all these Svarowski crystals "enhanced" iPhones and similar Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian stuff (it brings me nausea, can anyone relief as from these emptiness please). And there, you have the great Svarowski brand who owns those crystals. Did they ever thought that their crystals would enchance their binoculars aesthetics? Thank goodness, no.

Konstantinos,

Sorry to say they did think it. You must have missed the Swarovski Crystal Pocket Binoculars. WARNING! You might want to have a bucket handy before you open the link.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/473472-USA/Swarovski_46103_8x20_B_Crystal_Pocket.html

Henry

The world fell into pieces around me.

Well, a ladies model. It seems I have a better view about ladies than those marketing golden boys. Perhaps it's one of the last counter culture remnants in my subconscious.

And that Zagato is supposed to make you look like a man? It reminds me of that "Pimp my drive" show, as do the Zagato cars.

Last edited:
So this is what Leica has been getting up to lately. First they give the Ultravid HD a glass upgrade which to my eyes is only slightly brighter then the Trinovid and then they come out with this? I wonder who signs off on this kind of stuff?

Henry please stop it. I'm trying to hang on to my breakfast here :eek!:.

In the world of electric guitars you can buy brand new instruments that have been 'distressed' to look decades-old. How long before one of the alphas does a limited edition safari model designed to make you look like you are just back from your 50th safari?

Lee

Henry please stop it. I'm trying to hang on to my breakfast here :eek!:.

In the world of electric guitars you can buy brand new instruments that have been 'distressed' to look decades-old. How long before one of the alphas does a limited edition safari model designed to make you look like you are just back from your 50th safari?

Lee

In the blades world we call it "forced patina". It's done with various acids, mainly good old vinegar.
For armored binoculars one might use acetone, sandpaper, a dog with chewing habbits, fresh grass and some Penicillium Roqueforti for the lenses.

I love me some Ultravids but those were unattractive when viewed in the thumbnail image, when the barrels looked plain. When you click on it and see they are striated...they are WAY ugly.

$3,500 may seem like a lotta moola, but after all, it has three diopters and four focus wheels...

Nobody does "gaudy" like Leica, although Justin Bieber’s Chrome Fisker comes close.

the Beebs' blinding ride

<B>

Attachments

• Ultravid_HD-Plus_32_Zagato_3D_1024x1024.jpg
    Ultravid_HD-Plus_32_Zagato_3D_1024x1024.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back