• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help identifying bird species in a wet area (1 Viewer)

greendoom

Good morning, thanks for help

Attachments

• quiz1.JPG
    quiz1.JPG
    211.4 KB · Views: 147
  • quiz2.JPG
    quiz2.JPG
    332.2 KB · Views: 140
  • QUIZZ3.JPG
    QUIZZ3.JPG
    396 KB · Views: 126
Good morning, thanks for help
It is an area in Romania, an area of ​​community interest where there were more birds but I managed to capture only a part of them.

Attachments

• quizz4.JPG
    quizz4.JPG
    547.9 KB · Views: 105
  • quizz5.JPG
    quizz5.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 72
  • quizz7.JPG
    quizz7.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 91
  • quizz8.JPG
    quizz8.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 76
1. lapwing and ruff, ...ruff also in pic 6.
3. and 7. lapwing
2. and 4. a tringa, probably stagnatilis but not sure on these pics
5. mallards

I think the Tringa looking things are recently fledged Stilts, and there seems to be a Yellow Wagtail mobbing the Lapwing in pic 3.

My takes:

Post 1:
1 Lapwing & Black-winged Stilt (adult)
2 Black-winged Stilt (juvenile)
3 Lapwing & Yellow Wagtail

Post 2:
1 Black-winged Stilt (juvenile)
2 Mallard (pair)
3 ? possibly another Lapwing, but pic too small to be sure (I think the apparent long bill is an artefact)
4 Lapwing

@ Simon - I don't see any barred tail on any of the stilts

Well, its does have a barred something - maybe wing tip? Looks funny for BWS but structurally I suppose it has to be - its one of the classic confusion waders, shouldn't be though - there will always be adults nearby.

Attachments

• quizz4_crop.JPG
    quizz4_crop.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 53
...its one of the classic confusion waders, shouldn't be though - there will always be adults nearby.

...and the adults will be calling away at around 200 decibels and flying around the watcher :eek!: :-O.....of course Iding from photos is much harder, glad I don't see my birds blurred like that in the field, well not often. B :)

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back