• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tipps for Hides (show your Hides) (1 Viewer)

Titus Ebbecke

Hi all,

Next or this year, I want to build an Hide. I want to have some photos of other Hides (please no Camouflash Tents). Can I have some Infomations?

Greetings, Titus.

Here's a couple of early attempts I built on my patch,great as the breeze passes through the bamboo to keep me cool in the summer months.
I regularly get passerines perching on the roof when I am inside the hides.

Attachments

• Picture 197 copy.jpg
    Picture 197 copy.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 131
  • hide.jpg
    hide.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 110
Bob, so it became a case of birds watching you as well...LOL. I too thought about building one but because of chances being watched instead, I am still waiting for someone to suggest the perfect hide.

Last edited:
Looks nice....whats the distance between Hide and the Birds??? Can you show some pics from the inside of the hide?

I have'nt taken any shots from inside the hide,they are made of bamboo fence panels with 8 steel reinforcing rods as the uprights strengthened with rubber coated steel wire ,they are roughly 1.5 metres high and 1.5 metres square.
The birds are mostly 10 metres away, sometimes closer/further away depending on the species.Examples attached taken from the hides at 10 metres.
I now have 6 hides with plans for 3 more,all the birds seemed to have accepted them as part of the scenery; even the birds on migration.

Attachments

• DSCN9720.jpg
    DSCN9720.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 86
  • DSCN8455squacher.jpg
    DSCN8455squacher.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 95
  • DSCN9867.jpg
    DSCN9867.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back