• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Whisperer (1 Viewer)

Missy

A couple of weeks ago I had noticed a Lesser Yellow Finch with some kind of large growth on the side of it's face. He seemed to be managing well though. A couple of days later, my granddaughter noticed our dog walking up to the bird and starting to put him in his mouth. I ran over and the dog dropped the bird. I picked the bird up and held it for awhile. He didn't look very good at this point. My granddaughter wanted to hold the bird, so I had her put on a glove and gave it to her. We discussed how the bird was probably going to be going to 'Bird Heaven' at any moment. We decided to put it in a box. I got one and told her to pick him up and put him in it. When she tried, the bird fluttered and landed on her shirt. She semi-paniced, so I took the bird and let it sit in my hand for a few seconds. Suddenly, the little guy flew out of my hand, over the wall and was gone. (I also reported a while back how, during the winter, I had a hummingbird that kept fainting and I got to hold him 3 different times. He's still around and doing fine BTW.) Anyway, my son-in-law has now dubbed me 'The Bird Whisperer'. :flyaway:

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back