• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

info opticron (1 Viewer)

max

just thought id let you all now opticron es 80 ga ,32x ,opticron tripod ,hide clamp, opticron stay on case, binoculars £565 +delivery
just got it today cant wait till the weekend i just hope me fuji camera works
cheers all

You're in for a real treat, Max. A fine bit of glass indeed. Hope the birds are there for you. You might - as I do - get too much vignetting with your Fuji camera.

cheers scampo its my first birding scope i just dida check with the camera looking at a picture on a wall in doors does'nt look good im afraid any suggestions
max

Sadly, I think , only what I've just had to do - buy a Nikon 990 s/h. There is lots of discussion in the digiscoping section of this forum and if you do a search on Google / Yahoo for "digiscoping". Many other digital cameras aside from Nikon's 900 / 4500 series have problems when trying to mate them up with a birding scope causing too much vignetting

Basically you need a digital camera that has a short distance between the lens front and camera rear / film sensor area; also you need a lens system that focuses and zooms without any apparent lens movement (i.e. internally).

I have the Fuji S602 and it is useless with my scope - a Nikon ED82A even if it is astonishingly good in all other photographic ways.

Don't blame your scope, though - it's one of the best for digiscoping. There are several people on this forum who use it and produce stunning photos.

If you need any further help, just ask - there are many experts here who are very willing to share their experiences.

Opticron and colour fringing.

I just purchased an Imagic 80, with the HR2 plus the 20-60 (I think)zoom. I loved the Purple and Green edge on the gulls which I was looking at on the weekend. That's without a camera. An e-mail is winging it's way, through the ether, to Opticron, copied to Infocus. I wonder what their response(s) will be.

Malky @ Westhill.

I believe that the Imagic scope uses standard optical glass so I would expect some chromatic aberration; the ES80, on the other hand, costs not too much more but uses HR / ED glass that reduces CR dramatically.

Also, Opticron make two qualities of eyepiece and the HDF (I think it is called) is the better one.

max said:
just thought id let you all now opticron es 80 ga ,32x ,opticron tripod ,hide clamp, opticron stay on case, binoculars £565 +delivery
just got it today cant wait till the weekend i just hope me fuji camera works
cheers all
Hello Max,
As I said in the other thread re. the Fuji S304 camera, I did get some chromatic aberration, but that was with a Opticron (non-HD glass) HR66GA 'scope. I also used the special Opticron 40929 Digital eye-piece with very good results, with almost no problems with vignetting.
Scampo and others with the Fuji S602 camera have experienced real problems trying to digi-scope; I believe the S602, although similar in concept and design features to the S304, is just one step too far to be compatible with any of the available optics combinations.

Roger

Hi Scampo

Youre right about the Opticron eyepiece HDF(high definition flat)field of view.I have both a 34xHR eyepiece & a 32wwHDF eyepiece & the HDF one gives a much better image.
Regards Steve.

Itdoes seem as if you gets what you pays for, eh? Sadly - but there are bargains around and even the top quality HDF eyepieces are a darn good buy at the price.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back