• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Opticron Eyepieces. (1 Viewer)

stevo

This week I bought a 32xwwHDF eyepiece for my ES80 scope as I needed a bit more magnification.I used this eyepiece today with my cp995 & found that I can now decrease the zoom on the camera almost fully without suffering vignetting.I only get slight vignetting now with the camera set at it`s widest f2.6 aperture.The code for the eyepiece is 40809.Also I found that my old 8 series Kowa(LCE) digiscoping adapter fits the new eyepiece like a glove.Hope this helps anyone pondering a new eyepiece for their opticron scope.:eat:

Stevo,

I actually downgraded from the 32ww to the 22ww as I thought that the high magnification was one cause for my soft-focus photos (see my thread in the digiscoping forum re my recent minor success).

As you are using the same setup as me, other than the higher magnification eyepiece, can you indicate what settings you are using, whether you use an adapter, etc. What sort of success rate are you getting? I have had a look at your photos in the gallery and they look great. How long have you been digiscoping?

The settings I use are as follows:Aperture priority
Normal sharpness setting
Auto focus:single AF
AF area mode:AUTO
AF Focus confirmation:ON
Everything else is set to AUTO.Sensitivity 100.
LCE Digiscoping Adapter.
A lot of the time I dont zoom right up to max zoom with the camera
as a lower zoom permits a wider aperture/faster shutter speed etc.As regards success rate this depends on the light,wind factor & heat haze.I have been digiscoping for just under a year but I used to do conventional 35mm SLR photography,hope this info helps.8-P

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Stevo.

These are pretty much the same settings as I have been using for the past year. I change something now and again when I read someone elses technique and see they are getting great photos - unfortunately to no avail with my photos. My success rate has been more or less zilch - except for one pretty good Heron. Don't quite know what I did right there!

I also used to be a keen amateur 35mm SLR photographer many years ago. Just became fed up of carrying all the gear around.

Diane
try shooting in continous mode, with small birds this is better as you can take 6-8shots before the camera has to write onto the card. when the bird has gone which they generally aftera few seconds you can then deleate any that are naff

I will try that - I did try the Best Shot Selector the other day, where it takes photos as long as you have the shutter pressed and then saves the sharpest one (supposedly). With moving birds this may not work properly, as Andy says.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back