• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

feeders in yard (1 Viewer)

gary jb

my back yard is 15feet x 15feet and i would like to put up a few feeders.there are a lot of cats in the area and always walk along my back wall
.can anyone recomend to me what i can do.

Hi Gary,
You have to think of the birds first and in these circumstances putting up feeders in your backyard would be serving up birds on a plate to the cats. I'd suggest putting up windowfeeders on the top floor windows. CJ wildbirdfoods (see banner above) supply window feeder and even window water tubs for birds.
You could attach brackets to the wall of your house at a good height and then hang more traditional nut/seed feeders from these.
regards,
Andy

gary jb said:
my back yard is 15feet x 15feet and i would like to put up a few feeders.there are a lot of cats in the area and always walk along my back wall
.can anyone recomend to me what i can do.

Any chance of making the wall unpleasant for walking on - carpet gripper stuff comes to mind?

thanks for that elizabeth .i have thought about that but i think it is against the law to put sharpe objects on walls now.even though many people still do it.

thanks Andy,i will do that.even it will take away my pleasure of watching the birds feeding(i will not be able to watch them)the birds are more important.

gary jb said:
thanks for that elizabeth .i have thought about that but i think it is against the law to put sharpe objects on walls now.even though many people still do it.

I think I have heard of this with respect to guarding one's property, but I suppose you could put a notice to warn burglars???? :eek!: :eek!:

Elizabeth Bigg said:
I think I suppose you could put a notice to warn burglars???? :eek!: :eek!:

LOL "Warning, this is a cat-proof wall, but you won't like climbing over it either!" :-O ;)

Try painting the top of the wall with a chile powder /water mix or tobasco sauce. It will get on cat paws and when they lick their paws to groom they will avoid the wqall after a few times.

BiLL

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back