• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Upton Warren (26 Viewers)

Is there a definite date for the arrival of the new hide? Will it have windows in the back for watching the hedges and transmitter field?

Paul

Is there a definite date for the arrival of the new hide? Will it have windows in the back for watching the hedges and transmitter field?

Paul

Not yet Paul - will have side windows as per the existing but no rear windows.

However I expect that we will be doing more hedgerow management work to lower and rejuvenate the hedgeline (similar to the stretch behind the hide undertaken in the Spring) during the forthcoming work parties which will improve views into the transmitter field.

Phil

On the flashes this evening one G.B.B. Gull was with the B.H.G.,s till 5.15pm then flew off east.( Had been seen by another observer earlier in the day.)

Last edited:
I've signed and sent the link to some 50 odd.

Signature comment by Graham Martin
Date: September 26, 2011
Petition: Call for action against illegal bird trapping in Cyprus
Share comment:

Signer's comment:
Sick lot........Should ban holidays to all places like this.

Grayman

Petition signed and posted to my facebook page, these sick practices must be stopped and the culprits strung up by their B******S :C:C

Departure dates

At the moment I have the following down as the last dates these summer visitors were noted:-

LRP - 9th August
Common Sand - 13th Sept
Common Tern - 9th Sept
Cuckoo -3rd July
Swift - 6th Sept
House Martin - 22nd Sept
Sand Martin - 17th Sept
Yellow Wagtail - 24th Sept
Redstart - 15th Sept
Garden Warbler - 29th August
Sedge Warbler - 10th Sept
Lesser Whitethroat - 17th Sept
Common Whitethroat - 17th Sept
Willow Warbler -10th Sept
Spotted Fly - 14th Sept

If you have any later dates in your notes could you let me know please for the Annual Report; this spell of warm weather may tempt some late lurkers to stick their heads out!

Ta Phil

Last edited:
At the moment I have the following down as the last dates these summder visitors were noted:-

LRP - 9th August
Common Sand - 13th Sept
Common Tern - 9th Sept
Cuckoo -3rd July
Swift - 6th Sept
House Martin - 22nd Sept
Sand Martin - 17th Sept
Yellow Wagtail - 24th Sept
Redstart - 15th Sept
Garden Warbler - 29th August
Sedge Warbler - 10th Sept
Lesser Whitethroat - 17th Sept
Common Whitethroat - 17th Sept
Willow Warbler -10th Sept
Spotted Fly - 14th Sept

If you have any later dates in your notes could you let me know please for the Annual Report; this spell of warm weather may tempt some late lurkers to stick their heads out!

Ta Phil

Well thats the Yellow wag record beaten then, there was one at the flashes this morning, per birding today
MB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back