• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi from sunny Wales! (1 Viewer)

Bigwigg

I would just like to say hi to everyone here, and that I think that I need to find myself a nice little avatar, just like everyone else!

Well, my name is Simon and I live on the outskirts of Newport, South Wales...
I love the scenery and wildlife that is abundant around Wales but have only recently become interested in photography. I bought myself an Olympus D-490 as a beginners camera and I also have Photoshop 6.......

The shots that I have taken so far are scenery based, but I would really like to try wildlife photography, especially birds. Looks like I have come to the right place!

Hi Bigwig,
A very warm welcome from all the moderators and admin staff here at BirdForum.
Hope you enjoy what the site has to offer. We have comprehensive forums covering conventional photography and digiscoping.
Look forward to seeing your avatar.
Andy

Thanks for the welcome. This really does look like an excellent place for me to pick up some valuable beginners tips.

Still looking for that avatar!

Bigwigg,

Welcome to Bird Forum.

Have you tried searching on Google for an avatar? I can't remember the site I got mine from, but I found it through Google. I think I may have recommended it on the forum before so if you perform a search on BF you may find the post mentioning it.

Thanks Dianne, I have searched for an avatar, and I have a few....
But I cant decide which one to use! I do have a nice Hen Harrier image...

Hi Bigwigg, welcome to bird forum. Glad you got your Avatar sorted. I change mine at the beginning of each month so enjoy the Caravan one while it lasts!

How did that happen, I've posted twice? whats worse, I havn't been drinking!

Last edited:
Hi Bigwigg. I see you have found your avatar and it is a beauty. You have landed at one of the best informational forums I have ever come across. I hope you post some of your scenic shots under the "landscape category". Looking forward to seeing them.

My appologise for my delay in posting, and placing images. My Email went down 2 days ago and I lost my confirmation link.

Many thanks to Steve for sorting that out!

Hi KC, I agree, this does look like an excellent forum. And yes, it is a nice avatar!

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back