• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A peek in the front door (1 Viewer)

Fiona_Morton

Hi everyone,

My goodness, what a nostalgia trip this has turned out to be! I haven't logged in to my bird forum account in years and yet here you all are!

I don't know if many of you will remember me, but I used to post on here regularly as a teenager. Next week marks my 25th birthday, so it just goes to show how long its been. A lot has happened in that time, so for anyone who cares to read on, I guess I ought to re-introduce myself!

I live in Glasgow and work as a countryside ranger a few miles out of the city. I graduated from university in 2010 after studying zoology. Between rangering and helping out at the park's gift shop, I'm working towards obtaining my ringing permit, which I'm really enjoying (apart from the brutal early morning starts!).

It was nice to stumble across bird forum again. Hopefully I'll dip in from time to time. It's great to see the exBeebers still going strong, though!

Hope you are all well,

Fiona :eat:

Ps - Have to say, this year's Springwatch is really good - the webcams are riveting!

Hi Fiona! ( waving from the USA!)

Ughh! You are a whole 25 ... almost?!?!? I am 54 and don't remember 25! LOL!

The love of nature only gets more dear with time. At least for me.

Take care!

Hi Fiona,
welcome home, nice to see you back, please do come again and tell us all your news. I don't remember 25 either nor 54 Lydia's age, however I am still birding strong having just spent a glorious ten days birding in Scotland and seeing 118 species.
George

Hi, Fiona, Sorry I don't remember you & we are a bit sparse here now, only a handful of regulars. Welcome back anyway to BF.

I agree with you, Springwatch has & is very good. Though I have enjoyed all of the previous programmes, Autumnwatch included, this time it seems to be very interesting, with so many different bird nests on the web cams & the other programmes on red button & the net.:t:

No, I don't collect those, but I did have some once.
I collect model horses, ducks, Wade animals/items & other things.

I may remember you, did you collect fossils? Or something similar? Sharks teeth?

That was Silvershark (Kat) Chris. An Edinburgh lass who moved up to Brechin and was volunteering at Montrose the last I heard.

Welcome back Fiona - it's nice to hear from you again.

That's right Delia, I do remember the name of Fiona but couldn't place her and just mixed her up with Kat.
I remember you well Val even though I don't pop on much these days.

Hi from another one who rarely visits these days, seem to spend my life in one hospital or another, makes a change from visiting Nature Reserves. Have to say that Broadgreen Hospital is a remarkably green area, lots of trees and grassed areas, so one can still keep on birding if so desired to do so. Great selection gulls and pigeons, plus even red squirrals so whats to complain about?

Good Birding Peter

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back