• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Waxwings still about (1 Viewer)

eagle golden

Hi today in north yorkshire I saw a flock of over fifty waxwings, has anyone else seen them this month, as I would have thought they should be heading home by now.

Attachments

• waxwings Jan 11 028.jpg
    waxwings Jan 11 028.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 47
  • waxwings Jan 11 030.jpg
    waxwings Jan 11 030.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 47
  • waxwings harrogate 021.JPG
    waxwings harrogate 021.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Yes I've seen a few but mainly from last month. Saw a flock outside my window on a tree I thought they were leaves at first until I saw one move. While on a bus I saw a flock fly to a berry tree in a garden.

well you never stop learning

In the last major influx in 2004-05 there were Waxwings being seen in Aberdeen well into May.

Hi thanks for that, this year we have had a lot of sightings and I was under the impresion that by March they would be heading back, ready to breed, but I suppose it depends on the weather and conditions, I am not complaining, brilliant birds, thanks all for your imput. on my first thread.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back