• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vanguard Endeavor XF 15-45x60 scope (1 Viewer)

Tero

Retired
United States
I had this scope for a day to check out. The price was good and there was a tripod "free" to the end of the month.

I actually ended up ordering the tripod alone but a taller model!

The scope looks good on specs. It did have a wide field of view at 15x and eye relief was good there at 15x to 30x.

Depth of field was nearly nothing at 30x and I ended up focusing and refocusing as I am used to a better scope. The Endeavor HD may be sharper but also has this depth of field problem according to a reviewer at a store site. You can get it at the usual sites or Amazon. Amazon had no tripod deal.

A little bit of glare when in sunny conditions, sort of halo around the edges.

It may work for a beginning scope and is probably similar to my first Raven scope. Or the current Diamondback.

At 60mm it was surprisingly bright at the 45x end but still not much use for shore birds across a lake, for example. It was some 40 plus ounces so quite portable. Would have worked fine for areas you need to hike a mile or two to.

I may end up getting one of them 50mm ED scopes some year for my "travel" scope. I only have one scope that travels and only by car out of state.

(The tripod deal)
The free tripod is a 61-62 inch ABEO 243AV Tripod
Which I have not seen.

By buying the tripod separately I did not need to wait 60 days and could easily return it.

If one finds the scope of any use at all and likes the tripod, you get a scope for a little over 100 dollars! If all you do is back yard watching, for that it's ideal at 15x zoom and wide enough for birds in groups.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back