• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Thank you all very much (1 Viewer)

bill moss

Hi folks,

Thank you all for your very kind wishes for my Birthday. I'm touched (don't you DARE!).

The weather around here wasn't brilliant but I took the long way home just to make sure that Spring is really here. Well, there are Primroses in bloom by the wayside, the wild Garlic is on it's way, there are new leaves on the Weeping Willows and on some of the Hawthorns. Lambs in the fields.

But not the birdlife that I'd hoped for. I'm worried about the Wrens; heard just ONE Chiffchaff and a short burst from a Blackcap, but where are all the Thrushes? Robins and Blackies singing OK but a distinct lack of Finches and Tits. Highlight was a Green 'Pecker.

Well, the weather forecast is a bit better now so maybe in another week?

So, a nice (part) day out

Hope that when it comes around, YOUR day is as pleasant.

Bill

Attachments

• DS blackbird m on clothesline post 020410 .jpg
    DS blackbird m on clothesline post 020410 .jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 12
  • DS lamb & mom 060410 .jpg
    DS lamb & mom 060410 .jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 14
happy belated birthday Bill. :). If its any consolation i have great tits, coal tits and blue tits. Got a few dunnocks too. I was afraid the harsh weather would have killed them off. So glad i thought wrong.

Maybe you didn't have the best weather but it still sounds a great way to spend a Birthday, Bill! Hopefully with milder and drier weather forecast we shall see even more signs that Spring has finally arrived.

Glad you enjoyed 'part' of your special day with nature!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back