• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Barn Owlets (1 Viewer)

colleenc

owlets are really growing, there were 6 now seems to be 4 don't know for sure...this link has all 3 cams at once...boy the parents are sure busy at night, and ICK what a mess
http://members.cox.net/kangarobin/

and a screen shot of the 6

they make a strange hissy sound my birder friend says is the babies call saying I'm hungry

Attachments

• barn owl family_0055.JPG
    barn owl family_0055.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
I am sure it would be interesting but I am afraid I couldn't stand the adverts. I realise you probably need them to finance the project - but it means the site is not for me.

Sorry.

it is not my site but one put on the internet that has a camera in the box as well as two outside one of which is infrared so you can see all night, the adverts as you call them can be eliminated by closing them or even more sneaky by shortening the big window a bit then they don't show,

the man who made the box and puts up the cameras does not sell anything or invite anyone into his yard, he puts it up for the love of the birds...he has a great vid on the new version of the box and how to build it if you want...

Maybe you have access to the live bird, an so this is not your cup of tea, but for me and maybe other owl lovers, it's amazing to see how fast they are growing up, and changing every day...sort of addicting really.

It's weird how addictive this cam is. I've been dropping in regularly and when I do it's hard to click away and leave them to it!

I find I'm able to simply ignore the ads.

Mike

yes everyone says that, me too...esp now it's late here 12:30, the natural light outside cam is off but the infrared is on, can you believe the muck they stand in, my friend who gave me the link has gone to rescue owletts like this and said the smell would gag a maggot, basically a whole layer of poop and carcass leavings
:eek!:

the link I just posted has all three cams, I just discovered it yesterday.

you on that side of the pond probably know this, but I found it fascinating...and the owl sanctuary too
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/earthnews/3353197/Black-barn-owl-is-one-in-a-million.html

this must be what happened to the other two babies
One particular saga gripping viewers is the cannibalistic behaviour of big brother barn owls, whose "slam-dunking" then devouring their little siblings was picked up by a webcam in their nesting box at the Lost Gardens of Heligan in Cornwall.
The first weakling disappeared headfirst down the gullet of a hungry baby last week and two others fell prey to their larger nest dwellers on primetime television last night.

this is a UK webcam that out drew the reality TV show Big Brother.

Last edited:
I love owls and like to see it,thanks Colleen and my respect to your friend who rescue owls...many thanks to him

greetings Gaby

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back