• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Do birds share nests? (1 Viewer)

Soyeb

"Im the Boogeyman and im coming to getcha"
Hi all :hi:
Does anyone know if birds share nests because there are six sparrow nests in my neighbours roof and in one of the nests a pair of starlings have moved in. The starlings sleep in the nest and in the morning they chase away other starlings and sparrows that comes close to thier nest. But in the afternoon the two starlings go away so the pair of sparrows that used to live thier before move in again until the evening. This has got me confused :h?: because I thought that birds didnt share nests.
Happy birding

Hi Soyeb,
I don't think they actually share nests as such but will share nest space ie;roof space etc.
House Sparrows in particular are supposed to enjoy communal nesting but alas not in my House Sparrow terrace...well not yet anyway!!!!
I'm ever hopeful for this season though!!
Watch this space.....excuse the pun!!!!!! lol!!! :-O
Best wishes,

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back