• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Looking for a new pair of binoculars (1 Viewer)

Hi All,

I am in need of a bit of help, I am currently looking for a new pair of binoculars. I reckon I have about £250 to spend.

I really want some nitrogen filled ones, and it would help if they were lightweight(ish).

Other than that I have no idea what I want, I'm not bothered about it being a "top" brand, so I guess I am just looking for recommendations.

Hope you can help,

John

I'd take a look at the Opticron range - I think the Imagic BGA roof prisms are in about the right price range, and are nitrogen filled.

Alternatively, you might get a good second hand pair for that money - try finding out what's available at Ace Optics (Bath), Focus Optics (Coventry) or one of the other well known retailers.

David

greetings big j,for 260 you could get opticron verano bga roof prisms from warehouse express[see salty's link].i tried em out recenly and i reckon they are as good as they get under three hundred pounds.they are water proof and nitrogen purged with brilliant close focus and you wont need a bulldoser to lug'em around.best of luck,matt

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back